‘Tis the Season! It’s officially December 1st, so you bet that all my holiday decorations are out. I’ve begun menu planning for holiday dinners and in season treats. I’ve already had my first glass of eggnog. These cupcakes will immediately get (most) anyone in the mood for the holiday season…there are those who don’t enjoy eggnog, but we don’t talk about them. Anyway! These cupcakes are easy and can be decorated in any festive way you choose and then gobbled up to help you keep warm for the winter. That’s what I use them for at least.
Preheat oven to 350°
Mix all your dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
Cream your room temperature butter and sugar using a stand or hand mixer.
Scrape the creamed butter and sugar off the sides of the bowl and add all your liquid ingredients. Mix quickly until combined, but don’t over mix.
Add your dry ingredients and mix again.
Take in all that beautiful eggnog, you might even get a whiff of it in the batter now!
Scoop just under 1/4 up, about 3tbsp. into each cupcake liner, and bake for 20minutes. Before you pull cupcakes out you want to make sure that when the middle is poked lightly with a finger is springs back, if it leaves and indent or still feels similar to jello, then it’s not done!
Cool your cupcakes completely before frosting.
After frosting my cupcakes I dusted them lightly with a mixture of cinnamon and nutmeg.
I set aside about 1 cup of my buttercream to color for a little added decor.
Ta-Da! Holiday spirit ready for eating.
Prep: 15 minutes
Bake: 20 minutes
Preheat: 350° Standard oven
- 1 2/3c. all purpose flour
- 1c. sugar
- 1 1/4tsp. baking powder
- 3/4c. butter – ROOM TEMPERATURE
- 3/4c. eggnog
- 3/4c. almond milk (can be substituted 1-1 with another milk)
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2tsp. vanilla
- 1/2tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2tsp. nutmeg
- 1c. softened unsalted butter
- 3-4c. powdered sugar
- 3-4tbsp. eggnog
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Scrape down the bowl and add liquid ingredients, mix until just combined.
- Add all dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Fill cupcake liners. About 3tbsp.
- Bake for 15-20minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Cream butter using a stand or hand mixer.
- Scrape down the bowl and add powdered sugar, start slowly unless you like an explosion of powdered sugar.
- While mixing add eggnog until the desired consistency is reached.
- Frost cupcakes in anyway you desire.
- Dust with cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Decorate further if desired.