While I love the traditional pork roast and potatoes dinner, this sandwich is actually my favorite part of making a pork roast. It’s so simple but such a great toasted sandwich and filling lunch.
Since the sandwich will be broiled, only long enough to toast the bread and melt the cheese, I start by quickly re warming the pork on a pan over medium heat.
Then I butter one side of the bread and on the other side spread the mayonnaise and red pepper jelly.
Then comes the cheese. You can put cheese on one side, or on both sides to help the sandwich stay together when it’s melted.
Then add the pork and baby arugula.
I broiled the sandwiches for about 2 minutes per side, or until the bread was beautifully toasted. When buttering the bread be sure to get the edges or they will burn before the rest of your bread is toasted.
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 4 minutes
- 4 Slices sourdough bread
- Pork roast, sliced
- 4 Slices swiss cheese
- 2tbsp. Mayonnaise
- 2tbsp. Red Pepper Jelly
- 1/4c. Baby arugula
- 3tbsp. Butter
- Warm sliced pork on a pan over medium heat.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread.
- Spread mayonnaise and red pepper jelly on the other side of each slice of bread.
- Lay out the cheese, cheese on both pieces of bread will help the sandwich stick together when it’s melted.
- Add the pork and baby arugula.
- Assemble sandwiches.
- Broil for about two minutes per side of the sandwich.