These garlic sirloin skewers were easy and decadent. I was in an out of the kitchen in about 30 minutes and we were watching our favorite show for an at home date night eating perfectly grilled sirloin with an easy rice.
Garlic Sirloin Skewers
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes, Grill
- 4 Sirloin steaks
- 1/2c. Unsalted Butter (1 stick)
- 1tsp Garlic powder
- 1tsp Minced garlic
- 1 Pineapple, diced. (Canned if it’s the off season)
- 2-3 bunches of Baby bok choy
- Preheat your grill to 425.
- Cube the sirloin into 1.5-2 inch cubes.
- Wash your baby bok choy and cut off the end of the bulb, leaving some stem and all of the green leaf.
- Melt the butter in a microwave safe bowl and mix in the garlic powder and minced garlic.
- Mix your meat into the butter sauce and coat well.
- Start assembling your skewers. I prefer to put the bok choy leaves in-between the steak and the pineapple so it is more protected from the heat.
- Once the skewers are assembled baste the meat in the butter sauce again.
- Place the skewers on the grill and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Turn the skewers over and baste in the butter sauce again, cook another 5 minutes.
- Discard the butter sauce at this point as it has been contaminated with raw meat and shouldn’t be used on the finished meal.
- Check that your steak is done to your liking and remove the skewers from the grill. Serve with rice or any side of your choosing and enjoy!
Easy Vegetable Base Rice
- 1c. White rice
- 2c. Water
- 1tbsp Vegetable base
- Add the rice, water, and base to a small pot over high heat.
- Stir to incorporate the base.
- Bring the rice to a boil, then cover.
- Turn the heat to low and cook for 20minutes.