The deliciously herbal flavor of tarragon pairs perfectly with the bright pop of cherry tomatoes. The layers of flavor in this sauce tastes like it was a long labor of love but the meal came together in just around 30 minutes.
Chicken & Tarragon Cream Sauce
Prep: 5 minutes.
Cook: 20 minutes.
Stovetop, oven if needed.
- 4 Chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 1.5tsp Tarragon
- 1tbsp Olive oil
- 1tsp. Olive oil
- 1c. Heavy cream
- 1/2c. Cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1.5c. Dry white wine *vegetable or chicken stock can sub*
- 1/4tsp. Salt
- Salt and Pepper TT
- In a medium pan over medium heat add 1tsp. of olive oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add the cherry tomatoes and allow to cook and pop.
- Once the tomatoes have started to blister, add 1c. of dry white wine to the pan and reduce by 1/2.
- While the wine is reducing, season the chicken breast with salt, pepper, and 1/2 a tsp of tarragon.
- Put another pan over medium-high heat and add 1tbsp. of olive oil.
- Laying away from you place the chicken breasts in the pan with just olive oil. Allow to brown on one side before flipping.
- Going back to your wine sauce slowly whisk in 1c. of cream with 1tsp. of tarragon. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Allow the sauce to simmer on low until thickened.
- Flip the chicken once browned on one side and brown on the other side. If your chicken is thin it can be cooked through on the stove. For thicker chicken breasts finish cooking in the oven at 375° until done.
- Deglaze the chicken pan with the remaining wine and whisk into the sauce.
- Allow your chicken to rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing.
- Drizzle sauce over chicken and serve.