As I have said before, muffins are a staple around here for breakfast…and if you’re a toddler, also as a snack or last resort dinner when you refuse all other offerings..it is what is is I guess.
That being said, my daughter has decided that Oranges are her favorite thing to eat, if it is round and orange or looks like it tastes like an orange she is all for it! I’m not as big on the texture of actual oranges, but I’ll eat anything baked with oranges and I enjoy orange juice from time to time. So I created thes muffins with my little orange fiend in mind, and well now we are all orange muffin fiends.
The muffins are bright and flavorful, they have a great tang from the citrus and greek yogurt, and are all around a new family favorite.
Muffins don’t take much fuss or muss, I throw everything into the stand mixer and let it go for a minute or two until everything is incorporated, and then fill greased or lined muffin tins about 3/4 full. Bake, and ta-da! Breakfast, snack, and sometimes a toddler dinner.
Prep: 10 minutes
Bake: 20-25 minutes
Makes: 1 dozen
- 1 3/4c Flour
- 2/3c Sugar
- 1tbsp Baking Powder
- 1tsp Salt
- 1/2c Melted butter (1 stick)
- 1/2c Plain greek yogurt (1 single serve cup works perfectly)
- 1lg Egg
- Zest and juice of 1 large orange
- 1tsp Vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375° and grease a muffin pan with non-stick spray or cupcake liners.
- In a stand mixer add the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Mix gently to disperse dry ingredients evenly.
- Add the melted butter, greek yogurt, egg, orange zest, orange juice, and vanilla extract to the stand mixer.
- Mix on medium low until combined.
- Fill the cupcake liners 3/4 full and bake for 20-25minutes.